What Does Salt City offer and how is it different from other clubs?
Salt City is a year long program that develops players to their highest potential on and off the field while taking the top talent in Central New York to compete in the top tournaments.
What can I expect as a Sniper?
- A member of a nationally recognized elite girls lacrosse club
- Year round training with top coaches in our area with top collegiate players.
- Under Armour practice gear and Under Armour backpack
- 9 weeks of fall training practices (Sundays)
- 4 fall events
- 10 Weeks of indoor winter training with your team
- 15 Weeks of speed and strength training.
- 20 summer practices
- 4-5 Summer Events
- Recruitable age teams are invited to the top showcase events in the country and compete in the Top Tier Brackets.
- Younger aged teams compete in the Top Tier Brackets of a mix of regional and National Tournaments.
- Hands on recruiting help and solicitation
- An opportunity to be evaluated while showcasing against the best talent in the country.
- Guest coaches from Universities and Colleges
- An opportunity to be apart of the best talent in Central New York
Are your teams already set from the previous year?
Each fall our members have to tryout for a spot on the next year’s team. We are committed to putting together the best talent/athletes and developing them and showcasing them.
What is the level of commitment?
While we understand that family stuff comes up, we are looking for players and families who want to get better and play at the next level.
Are the tournaments and practice gear/backpack an extra cost?
Our fees are are the lowest in our area. No other club offers as much training through out the year without additional costs. Your annual dues includes practices, indoor training, speed and strength training, practice gear, backpacks, coaches, individual recruiting assistance. There is no other additional costs!
Do I have to pay in full or is there a payment plan?
Our members can either pay in full or in three installment plans. There is an additional discount for multiple girls in a family.
How successful are your teams?
All of our teams are successful on the national club stage. Since beginning our club our college placement is remarkable (see college commit page). Although we all like to win… Salt City’s focus is on development and competing at the highest levels.
When do your players get recruited?
While the NCAA has changed legislation regarding early commitments our teams begin showcasing in front of college programs as early as 8th and 9th grade.
Are all our members from the Syracuse area?
No we have members from ranging from Corning to Binghamton to Watertown and everywhere in between. All of our teams are a mix of girls form different schools who are all here for a common purpose.
My daughter plays on her town team. Is that an issue?
No we encourage all of our athletes to play as much as they would like, including multiple sports. However, If there is a conflict we expect that Salt City takes priority.
When you travel are the families responsible for finding their own lodging?
No we use a sports travel agency that books block at our events at a discounted rate.
What is the best way to get more information regarding your program?